I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Apr 15, 2018

Prayer Pocket with Measurements

Hello there,

I have a little treat for you today. 

My sister in law, Janell, loves to work in her scrapbook room making cards and playing with papers and ink. Watching over her are a bunch of monkeys because Janell loves monkeys. There's even a nasty rumour out there that she sleeps with one, but you didn't hear it from me --- Shhhhhhhhh. 
Ok kidding, seriously though my sister in law is one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet. My brother is a lucky guy!! 

We chat back and forth all the time and share our crafts and ideas, and recently she showed me something that she made for a couple of ladies. I had never seen one before and so I asked her if I could share it here with you. 

Without further adieu: This is a Prayer Pocket.


What is it's purpose? To write down who or what you are praying for.  To encourage you, to help you keep track.

I really just want to look at it for a while!

Note the stitching and the embellishments. It is just so cute! 

There are several pockets in there. Here they are dislodged from the pocket- 


Love the turned over corner and the little ribbon pulls on some of the tags. I especially love the dragonfly embelly....I have to ask her where that came from. Super cute!!

Below she shows us the back of the tags. Plenty of space to write and make lists. Perfect!


Isn't it lovely? I think this is a great 'just because' gift idea for a friend, someone that goes to church and someone who loves to pray. 

When Janell sent this to me I asked her if she had any measurements for these. She sent me some photos with measurements included. It will sure make it easy for you us to duplicate this beautiful prayer pocket. 

Measurements for Prayer Pocket: 

Measurements for the Three Part Pocket.
Again, LOVE the stitching

Want to know where to get Scripture Stamps? I'l link below.

I just love the edge punch on the bottom of this tag!

The dragonfly!!! Ka-ute!!

Sweet little corner punch

Love the ribbon on here.

I want that 'Joy" stamp!! 

Here's what she attached on the back of the little boy and the dragonfly tags. They are 2.25 X 2.25

  
Adorable, right?

Love it!

Here's where I've bought my Scripture stamps from. I have a couple of sets and I know Janell has at least one set of them. Check out Our Daily Bread Designs.

Do you want to see what else Janell and her monkeys are up to? Check out her Etsy Shop 
                                                     CreateBcuzURpricless 

I looked around to see if I could find anymore prayer pockets. There was only one I could find, which is where I believe Janell got her inspiration from. There is no link to a blog, unfortunately, but it was on Pinterest, so I will share the photo for ideas. This one was shared by Jeannie Phillips.


Thanks for stopping in -  

Oh, and someone wanted to say good-bye


Blessings,
Carmen

20 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! Would be neat to make something like that for someone (who is a Christian) when they are stressed about something. I can see printing out all kinds of uplifting verses for them, so they can read them when they are worried. What a great idea and project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a wonderful reason to gift this to someone!!

      Delete
    2. This would be wonderful for assisted living folks to receive, esp. right now!

      Delete
  2. Oh what a beautiful project - thank you for all the measurements, and such a wonderful way to record ones prayers.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a sweetheart- I will pass this onto her! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing. I make prayer boxes out of used tea boxes, but this would take up very little space. It could be made to fit inside a Bible case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re so welcome! Prayer boxes out of tea boxes? Wonderful idea as well! Yes, I love the prayer pockets too! Can’t wait to make one of my own!! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Carmen and Janell for sharing this wonderful project with us. A great gift for someone who needs encouragement and also to make for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carmen,

    What a SPLENDID idea - I may have to design something like this. I’m so glad to have connected with you. Love your post, gave me a chuckle and inspired me!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. During this virus time, about 4 or 5 of us will be watching me do videos and we will be putting together a 30 day prayer "junque" journal. Love this pocket idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful! It's great that you are doing that with these ladies! You know, I made up a prayer book a little while ago. It's not too creative in any way, but I just love it. I have several different sections in it, including prayer requests and prayer needs. I'd love to see what you do if you remember me!

      Delete
  7. Oh, WOW! I've actually seen this idea before BUT what I saw was too cutesy and way lame. This is so artistic and beautiful. Thank you.��

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it for my faith planner. I have a question I only see two pockets. Is the white with black patter have a back to make third pocket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no, it doesn’t. I actually added a box type envelope to the back with scripture cards in it. In hindsight, it doesn’t hang well, but it is functional.

      Delete
  9. Sorry, there are actually two pockets, but three parts for the two pockets. Front, middle and back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this post. There are a few commenters on this that I know of through paper-crafting challenge blogs. I'm in a FB group called Paper Crafting Galleria and someone in the group used 2 of the photos from this post to ask if anyone in the group made prayer pockets. She didn't explain the purpose of them or if there were required items to include, etc. Your post helps a bit to explain this for me. I've gathered that this is a format variation for prayer journaling and it's also closely similar to Scripture writing plans/journaling. I've enjoyed the photos, measurements, and the questions and responses in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad the post was helpful!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!